Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"My First Christmas in Heaven"

I was going through some papers that needed to be filed away and found this note that came from a good friend of mine this past December since she knew my mom and aunt passed away recently. She mentioned how it helped her that first Christmas after her parents passed away.

It really is beautiful. Even though Christmas has gone, I wanted to share it with you.
I can only hope it will help anyone else out there who may have lost a loved one.

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow,
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away. We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones. You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above,
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift, more than pure gold,
It was always more important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessing or love He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

It was followed by a credit to -- Ben aged 14.

She followed it with:

"Whether alive or dead, we belong to the Lord.
None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself.
For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord.
So then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For this is why Christ died and
came to life, that He might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. For we
shall all stand before the judgement seat of God, for it is written:

'As I live', says the Lord, 'every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue shall
give praise to God.' So then each of us shall give an account of himself to God.
The Word of the Lord"


Pass it on to anyone who may be feeling the sorrow of losing someone.

3 comments:

  1. After I originally commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify
    me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with
    the exact same comment. Perhaps there is a means you are able to remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!
    My blog post - cute christmas gift ideas for my girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how to do that but it may be difficult since you show up as 'anonymous' as several others do too. I do not have an email for you.

      Delete
    2. I was told that you might be able to stop by logging in to the account that you used to sign up and look for a way to unsubscribe or look on the emails you get - there may be something there. There is NOTHING I can do on this end. Sorry.

      Delete

Popular Posts

4 Signs of Caregiving Stress Overload

ElderCarelink email posts 4 signs that should not be overlooked by you, the caregiver, or a close family member or friend. They report that even though the immediate caregiver may not be helping in direct care, the mind is never far from the needs of the older person, thinking about meals, falling, medications. Take the opinion of a family member or friend if they are telling you that you are stressed. Four signs: you skip your own physicals; you isolate yourself from others; you eat and/or drink too much for good health; you are short tempered with the elder, your spouse or your children. If any or all of these sound familiar, take a break no matter how short in order to recharge. For more information on caregiver stress see ElderCarelink

Ranting

You can check out my ranting and stream of consciousness writing about looking at adult service providers with Will.

A Caregiver's Poem

I was looking through a 'Caregiver's Blog: Senior Care Support' and came across a poem that was shared by a writer, Dana, from the blog. The poem was written by Becky Netherland and Dana's grandmother shared it with her. I thought it was great and there is not much to say about it - just read!!! Enjoy!!

Grandma’s Pearls of Wisdom:
(picture from Caregivers Blog)

I’ve traveled paths you’ve yet to walk
Learned lessons old and new
And now this wisdom of my life
I’m blessed to share with you
Let kindness spread like sunshine
Embrace those who are sad
Respect their dignity, give them joy
And leave them feeling glad
Forgive those who might hurt you
And though you have your pride
Listen closely to their viewpoint
Try to see the other side
Walk softly when you’re angry
Try not to take offense
Invoke your sense of humor
Laughter’s power is immense!
Express what you are feeling
Your beliefs you should uphold
Don’t shy away from what is right
Be courageous and be bold
Keep hope right in your pocket
It will guide you day by day
Take it out when it is needed
When it’s near, you’ll find a way
Remember friends and family
Of which you are a precious part
Love deeply and love truly
Give freely from your heart
The world is far from perfect
There’s conflict and there’s strife
But you still can make a difference
By how you live your life
And so I’m very blessed to know
The wonders you will do
Because you are my granddaughter
And I believe in you.

Post Pictures

All pictures, unless otherwise identified, are from 'Clipart'.

Every Sunday Countdown

Hearts for Home

Hearts for Home Blog Hop

4 Seasons Blog Hop

">

Google+ Growing Circles Hop

Mommy Mentionables">
 photo ThisMommasMeanderingMondays_zps5366bef9.jpg

Turn it up Tuesday

Epic Mommy Adventures

Friendship Friday

Marvelous Mondays

Call Me PMc

Do Tell Tuesdays

Do Tell Tuesday

G + Every Wednesday

Social Scatter

Down Side Up Mommy

Fabulous Fridays

Fabulous Friday Link Party

Let's Get Social Sundays

Let's Get Social Sunday